Dennis, MA 02670
Did you know?
19th century furnishings, textiles, paintings & keepsakes are on display.
Captain Theophilus Baker’s House and Barn Museum is open from June 17 to September 14 on Tuesdays, from 2 to 4 p.m. (closed July 4) and Thursdays, from 10 a.m. to Noon.
The Barn Museum focuses on local farming. Tools and equipment necessary to life in Dennis in the 1800’s can be viewed as well as a salt works model and a carriage that raced at Riverside Trotting Park.
The Barn’s General Store is a reminder of the important role such gathering places played in our community’s economic and social life. Of special interest is the Cranberry Exhibit which tells the 200 year old story of cranberry cultivation, an industry that began in Dennis in 1816! There is no admission fee; donations are appreciated.
Private tours @ $3 per person may be reserved.
Click here for a video tour.
The 2nd Annual Apple Pie Baking Contest will be held on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 1 to 4 p.m.